Fees, Billing & Cancellations
Student Centers is pleased to offer discounted rates to governmental agencies and non-profit organizations. Please contact the Reservations Office for assistance in determining appropriate rates for your event.
- Internal departments (such as academic departments and administrative offices) pay no usage fees but rather are billed prorated fees for any resources requested. These amounts help defray the cost of wear and tear for items (such as LCD projectors and table skirting).
- External organizations (off-campus, non-affiliated groups) pay usage fees to host events on-campus. These fees are based on 8-hour increments and are inclusive of all standard room set-up, custodial, and A/V needs.
- Internal Departments sponsoring External events (majority of the participants/attendees being external) pay a reduced usage fee to host the event on campus. These fees are based on 8-hour increments and are inclusive of all standard room set-up, custodial and A/V needs.
- The full list of Facility Useage Fees & Resource Fees can be found here:
Payments for events hosted at the Student Centers can be paid directly in the SAC Reservations office by cash, check or MSR.
You can pay by check payable to “Student Centers - 9011080.” Please send checks via Fedex or UPS to:
Events that are sponsored by a non-Stony Brook University organization, individual, corporation or group are due 10 business days prior to the event.
* Please note that Student Centers reserves the right to cancel a confirmed reservation.
The Events Management Committee reserves the right to postpone reservations of any organization in the process of preparing for an event that has evidenced failure to comply with the policies outlined in the Events Management Timeline.
Student Meeting Room Cancellations - Student groups must cancel at least two working days prior to the organization meeting. Two or more no-shows by an organization may result in loss of reservation privileges. The requesting group contact must notify the Office of Student Engagement & Activites by emailing email@example.com.
Student Programming Space Event Cancellations - Student groups must cancel at least one week prior to the event. Cancellation of
events inside one week may result in an organization being invoiced to cover staffing
and room set-up fees. The fees will be calculated in accordance with posted internal
The requesting group contact must notify the Office of
Student Engagement & Activites by emailing
firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure of an event organizer to show up at pre-event or at least one hour in advance
may result in event cancellation.
Cancellations may be made at no charge more than 1 week in advance. Cancellations made within 1 week to 3 days prior to the event are subject to a cancellation charge of 50% of the total invoice. No-shows and cancellations made within 2 business days will be charged for all applicable personnel and equipment costs. Two no-shows within a 1-year period will result in loss of future reservation privileges.
Any requests to cancel a reservation entirely must be received in writing.
A revised confirmation and invoice will be sent to the event organizer following any
Cancellations must be made at least 14 days prior to the event start date. Any cancellations made after 14 days will be charged 100% of the total invoice. Payment must be received 10 days prior to the event.