Never hired a student? Use these resources to understand the hiring process and who to reach out to for questions.
Posting a job for the first time? Use these materials to make meaningful job descriptions for potential candidates.
- Developing A Job Description ( click here to watch a video tutorial)
- Sample On Campus Job Descriptions
- Hiring Student Assistants vs Work Study video tutorial
is the Career Center’s online recruiting database. Use this site to recruit students for jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities. Use these tutorials to help you recruit the most qualified candidates.
- Creating A Handshake Account
- Posting A Job on Handshake ( click here to watch a video tutorial)
- Accepting and Viewing Applicants video tutorial
- Sample Interview Questions ( click here to watch a video tutorial)
Have more questions about Handshake? Take a look at these webinars and articles that Handshake has created:
Have you chosen a student? Use these training materials to officially hire and onboard your preferred candidate.
- Requesting Access for Student Employment in SOLAR
- Sample Job Offer Letter
- Hiring An International Student
- Onboarding Checklist
- Top 10 Onboarding Mistakes To Avoid
- Tips for Supervisors
- Action Plan Handout for Students
As a supervisor of student employees, the likelihood of you being asked to serve as a reference is very high. Students will often seek your assistance when they are transitioning to the workforce.
DoIT created trainings for staff members who pay student employees through SOLAR. Please see below for detailed tutorials and directions.