Posting a job for the first time? Use these materials to make meaningful job descriptions for potential candidates.
- Developing A Job Description ( click here to watch a video tutorial)
- Sample On Campus Job Descriptions
- Hiring Student Assistants vs Work Study video tutorial
Handshake is the Career Center’s online recruiting database. Use this site to recruit students for jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities. Use these tutorials to help you recruit the most qualified candidates.
- Creating A Handshake Account
- Posting A Job on Handshake ( click here to watch a video tutorial)
- Accepting and Viewing Applicants video tutorial
- Sample Interview Questions ( click here to watch a video tutorial)
Have more questions about Handshake? Take a look at these webinars and articles that Handshake has created:
DoIT created trainings for staff members who pay student employees through SOLAR. Please see below for detailed tutorials and directions.