Skip Navigation

Non-Matriculated Status (GSP)

Any person holding a bachelor’s degree, its equivalent, or an advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher learning is eligible to be considered for admission to the University as a non-matriculated graduate student, also referred to as a “GSP” student. Such students may enroll in graduate courses that are open to GSP students (no reserves) as non-degree students after submitting a completed application to Graduate and Health Sciences Admissions. Visit the GHSA website for details and an application link.

School of Professional Development Off-campus Cohort Students

Students who wish to apply for graduate non-matriculated status as a member of their off-campus cohort contract with the School of Professional Development apply through, and are governed by, the School of Professional Development.

Transferring Credits Into a Graduate Program

Non-degree students who later wish to pursue a graduate degree will need to make a formal application for admission and may transfer a maximum of 12 credits taken at non-matriculated status to a graduate master’s or post-master’s degree program or 6 to an advanced graduate certificate program.

Students who are matriculated (eligible to enroll) with graduate non- matriculated program status, but who exceed the maximum number of allotted credits to be transferred into a master’s or post-master’s program (12 credits) or an advanced graduate certificate program (6 credits), must petition through the appropriate School for approval of the excess credits. Petitions must include a rationale as to why students didn’t matriculate prior to the petition. Approval of credits beyond the minimum is not guaranteed. If approved, a re-matriculation fee of $50.00 will be charged and must be paid before your petition is processed.