- Candidates must hold a master's degree, or be enrolled in a master's degree program, from an accredited institution of higher education
- Candidates must be practicing, professionally licensed, in-service teachers seeking an additional certification or those currently enrolled in a teaching certification program
- Candidates must have a graduate GPA of 3.0 (Exceptions may occasionally be made with appropriate documentation and at the discretion of the director of the program)
- ACTFL OPI rating in Spanish of Advanced Low or above
To apply candidates will submit:
- Transcripts showing completion of a master's degree program or enrollment in such a program. Candidates currently enrolled in a master's degree program are also to submit undergraduate transcripts;
- Evidence of initial, professional or permanent teaching certification (or enrollment in a program leading to such a certification);
- A personal statement describing the candidate's experience and this program's role in advancing the candidate's professional goals
- Proof of an official ACTFL OPI rating in Spanish of Advanced Low or above
Important Note: To expedite the application and admissions process, please upload and/or send all materials to the SPD contact as required by your program at the time of submission of your application. Please do not send any SPD application materials to the Graduate School.
SPD accepts applications on a rolling basis. Applications submitted by the deadline date will be granted priority review. Completed application packages received after this date will be accommodated as space permits.
Fall: July 15
Spring: December 1
Summer I: April 15
Summer II: May 15