Fall 2019 – Graduate Academic Calendar
Registration Deadlines: For detailed information on enrollment processes, withdrawing or taking a leave of absence, registration definitions, and/or forms, Graduate & SPD students may contact the Graduate School or SPD respectively
|Mon, Apr. 1||Advanced Registration: Tentatively to begin for Summer/ Fall 2019 according to enrollment appointments.|
|Mon, Apr. 22||Open Enrollment: Begins for Graduate Non-matriculated Students (GSP/G0).|
|Sun, Aug. 25||Semester Cancellation: Last day students can cancel all classes by dropping via SOLAR.|
|Mon, Aug. 26||
● Semester Start: First day of classes.
● Late Registration: $50 fee if not enrolled in at least one class before semester start.
|Wed, Aug. 28||Senior Auditing Program (Age 60+): Registration and start of program.|
|Fri, Aug. 30
Waitlist: Last day to waitlist a class. Students are responsible for any tuition liability incurred if registered from a waitlisted class.
|Mon, Sept. 2||Labor Day observed: No classes in session.|
|Fri, Sep. 6||Waitlist Process Ends: Last day to be enrolled from the waitlist process pending seat availability. Students must contact the appropriate academic department after this date.|
|Mon, Sept. 9
● Late registration ends for Graduate/SPD Students (includes SPD Online Session): Last day to process enrollment changes such as adds, swaps, credit changes, and drops via SOLAR. Last day to drop/withdraw from the university without a “W” (withdrawal) recorded via SOLAR. Changes must be processed by 4:00 PM. Petition to the respective college/school required after this date.
● Undergraduate students enrolling in Grad/SPD courses: Last day to petition to the Graduate School/SPD.
|Tues, Sept. 10-
Mon, Sept. 16
|Swaps by Petition Only: Graduate School and SPD students must petition to the respective school.|
|Mon, Oct. 14- Tues, Oct. 15||Fall Break: No classes in session|
|Fri, Oct. 25||SPD Online Course Withdrawal: Last day for to Withdraw ("W" is incurred) from SPD Online Classes via SOLAR. Withdrawals must be processed by 4:00 PM|
|Fri, Nov. 1||Incomplete : Last day for incomplete resolution for Spring 2019 and Summer 2019.|
|Sun, Nov. 3||
SPD Online Classes End
|Mon, Nov. 4||
: Tentatively to begin for WInter and Spring 2020 in accordance with
|Wed, Nov. 13||Graduation Application: Last day for Masters & Advanced Graduate Certificate students to apply for graduation via SOLAR. All other students should contact their respective college/school. All applicants to apply by this deadline will appear in commencement publication.|
|Wed, Nov. 27-
Sun, Dec. 1
|Thanksgiving: No classes in session.|
|Mon, Dec. 9||
: Last day students can submit a withdrawal form to the Graduate School/SPD.
● Classes End : Last day of classes
|Tue, Dec. 10||Reading Day|
|Wed, Dec. 11-
Thur, Dec. 19
|Thur, Dec. 19||Semester End: Official End of Term|
|Fri, Dec. 20||
● Doctoral Hooding & Baccalaureate Honors Ceremony
Students are responsible for reviewing, understanding, and abiding by the University's regulations, procedures, requirements, and deadlines as described in official publications. This includes, by way of example only, this Academic Calendar, the Undergraduate/Graduate Bulletin, the University Conduct Code, and class schedules.