Senior Auditing Program
Please note: The Senior Auditing program will be available for online courses only for the Spring 2021 term. Please read details below.
Adults who are 60 years of age or older may audit most New York State-funded, credit-bearing courses offered at Stony Brook during the Fall and Spring terms, on a space-available basis and subject to permission of instructor. Classes that are not available for auditing include:
- in-person courses (as of Spring 2021);
- foreign language and English literature courses, including programs at Southampton;
- graduate courses;
- laboratory courses, studio art courses, physical education courses, and instrumental music courses;
- Health Sciences Center courses;
- courses offered in self-supporting non-credit programs sponsored by the School of Professional Development, Crafts Center, Museum of Long Island Natural Sciences, and Division of Physical Education and Athletics, among others.
Spring 2021 Registration Information
For Spring 2021, only online classes may be taken by Senior Auditors. Here is what else you need to know:
- You should search for potential classes using Class Find.
- Then you should use the registration request portal to request courses.
- The registration portal is open through the end of the day on Friday, February 12, 2021.
- The $50.00 registration fee per course without credit, formal recognition, or the meeting of any of the course requirements. The maximum number of courses an auditor can register for is 3.
- Requests for auditing will be reviewed and approved based on seats available and instructor permission.
- After selections have been reviewed and approved, SPD will then update your records in the University systems.
If you have any questions, please contact the School of Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org .