How well do you know yourself? How well do you know yourself as it relates to careers? Self-assessment tools increase self-knowledge and help us make better decisions. These tools focus on specific areas, such as personality, skills, interests, values, talents and strengths.
- Career Explorer is a comprehensive interest, personality, and preference assessment that measures you against over 140 traits and uses that data to accurately find your top matches with an 800+ career encyclopedia.
- O*NET Career Exploration Tools and CareerOneStop Self-Assessments offer online self-assessments for interests, skills, and work values.
- VIA Character Strengths. Character Strengths is a free self-assessment that takes less than 15 minutes that allows you to identify and understand your best qualities.
- 16 Personalities. Personality traits play a major role in job satisfaction and success, and being a “good fit” for a job or an organization involves numerous factors.
- Dollars and $ense. Planning a budget can help you get where you want to go financially.
Students who meet with a career coach after to reflect on their results benefit most from these assessments.