About the Program
This one year opportunity will earn participants 1 credit for EXT 488 or EXT 288 while
satisfying their EXP+ Stony Brook Curriculum designation upon completion. Students
accepted into the DPLN program will be:
- assigned a professional mentor from a participating host company, and attend weekly
professional development workshops, networking events, or employer hosted events.
- provided with the opportunity to learn about different industries, company culture,
and organization structure through a combination of communication with their mentor,
job shadows, and site visits.
- viewed as potential candidates for internship or job opportunities at their host company
and guaranteed an exploratory interview during the course of the year.
- Developed in 2007 as a response to diversity recruitment requests from employers.
- Over 400 students have completed the program since its inception.
- The 2020-2021 academic year saw the largest cohort, with over 80 students.
- Based on a spring 2021 survey, 100% of students reported having interviews with companies
and organizations while in the program.*
- Students in DPLN receive full time job and summer internship offers from companies
such as Amazon, Northwell Health, PSEG Long Island, and many more.
Learn More About DPLN
Apply to DPLN
- Identify as traditionally underrepresented or underserved.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Submit a completed resume.
- Rising sophomore, junior, or senior.
Have a question?
Contact DPLN Program Coordinator Todd Dickson.