SUTRA Sponsor's Information
For the administrators or managers who oversee their organization's cohort course contracts with Stony Brook University
- Cohort : Employees or teacher center members who are taking courses together as a group as part of a contracted program between Stony Brook University and a coordinating or sponsoring organization.
- GPD: Graduate Program Director.
- Sponsor: Refers to the teacher center or organization that is contracting with Stony Brook University's School of Professional Development (SPD).
- Sponsor Administrator: The representative who manages the payment of their employees or members.
- SPD: The School of Professional Development, which offers and administers SUTRA programs for Stony Brook University.
Enrollment and Invoicing Information
The School of Professional Development takes great pride in both advancing the education of students and the strong relationships that have emerged as a result of the contracted partnerships between Stony Brook University and its sponsors.
Interested students are encouraged to apply to their chosen SPD program, adhering to all admission requirements as outlined in the SPD Bulletin, as well as with the sponsor.
The sponsor will be notified by SPD of students who have accepted an offer of admission.
The sponsor will notify SPD of the accepted students who are eligible for enrollment based upon the sponsor’s requirements.
SPD will work with the sponsor to ensure that all students are enrolled as appropriate for each term.
Invoices will be sent from SPD to the sponsors after official course enrollment verification has been taken. (Approximately 3-4 weeks after the start of the term)
In compliance with the Family Educaitonal Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA), communication regarding an applicant or student’s status can only be discussed between the student and the appropriate University representative. Students should be directed to contact their Graduate Program Director with questions regarding their program or academic standing, or to contact the School of Professional Development Records and Admissions staff regarding policies or procedures.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ADMISSIONS OR ENROLLMENT:
Lori Lyons, Director
Barbara Franks, Coordinator
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING INVOICING:
Amy Margoiles, Assistant Director
FOR NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT:
Carolyn Jankowski, Assistant Dean
Craig Markson, Assistant Dean