Advanced Graduate Certificate
The 18-credit Advanced Graduate Certificate (AGC) in Finance prepares students for careers in financial management, including financial analysis, portfolio management, investment banking and corporate financial associate positions. The curriculum places an emphasis on developing financial analytical skills. It offers in-depth knowledge of the principles and techniques of finance and accounting needed to understand how corporate financial objectives are developed, measured and reported, as well as the central issues in government regulation, taxation and financial reporting.
The AGC in Finance is a part-time program designed for working professionals. All courses are scheduled in the evening, and several of them are offered completely online.
Phone: (631) 632-7478
Admissions Recruitment Advisor, College of Business Programs
Phone: (631) 632-7171
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Finance
- Personal statement.
- A bachelor’s degree, with a cumulative 3.0 grade point average.
- Three letters of recommendation
- A GMAT exam is required for applicants who have less than a 3.2 cumulative undergraduate GPA. We will accept the GRE in lieu of the GMAT. A GMAT waiver may be considered for applicants earning below a 3.2 if they have significant and relevant work experience. This will be determined through a resume review and letters of recommendation.
- In those cases where the departmental admissions committee deems it desirable, personal interviews with departmental representatives may be necessary.
The curriculum consists of 18 credits (6 courses; 3 credits each). Students complete two required courses and choose elective courses that explore the broad frontier of modern finance.
- MBA 502 Finance
- MBA 504 Financial Accounting
Electives (Choose any 4 courses listed below)
- FIN 525 Portfolio Management
- FIN 536 Financial Management
- FIN 539 Investment Analysis
- FIN 545 Capital Markets and Financial Institutions
- FIN 541 Bank Management
- FIN 552 Mergers & Acquisitions
- FIN 578 Behavioral Finance
Financial Aid Information
This advanced graduate certificate program is eligible for financial aid.
Time to Completion
All certificate requirements must be completed within three (3) years from the semester date of admission as a matriculated student unless the student is also matriculated in a master’s degree program. Master’s students have five (5) years to complete the certificate requirements.
Courses in the AGC in Finance program are taught by full-time and adjunct faculty appointed by the College of Business.
Brusco, Sandro, Professor, Economics
Frey, Robert J., Research Professor
Holod, Dmytro, Associate Dean; Associate Professor, Finance
Danling Jiang, Associate Professor, Finance
Kim, Aaron, Assistant Professor, Finance
Liu, Ting, Assistant Professor, Economics
Nugent, Michael, Sr. Lecturer, Finance; Finance Certificate Program Director
Torna, Gokhan, Assistant Professor, Finance
Xiao, Keli, Assistant Professor, Finance
Zhou,Yiyi, Assistant Professor, Economics
The course descriptions for this program can be found using Class Search in SOLAR and/or on the program’s website.