In addition to departmental authorized signatures, the following approvals must be
obtained prior to the submission of a purchase request to the Procurement Office:
- Door Locks approved by: Locksmith and Building Manager
- Radioactive, Biological Select Agents and Toxins (BSAT), approved by: Environmental
Health & Safety, 2-6410
- Live Animals approved by: Director of DLAR
- Electronic Security Equipment approved by: Public Safety
- Space Heaters/Air Conditioners/Electric Fans approved by: Campus Operation and Maintenance
- Rehab or Repairs to Buildings and Facilities and Site Work Done by Outside Contractors
approved by: Assistant Vice President of Campus Planning, Design and Construction
- Communication equipment (modems, walkie-talkies etc) approved by: Police Department,
Lawrence Zacarese 2-6540
- Security Systems approved by: Don Coleman, Access Control Department
- All vehicle purchases must be reviewed and approved by: Neil Werner, Director of Transportation
& Parking Operations, Zip 2001.
Requests covering the procurement of security systems and related items/services now
require the approval of Campus Operation and Maintenance, and Access Control, prior
to purchase and include all items related to the installation and operation of security
systems. The definition of security related items includes the following:
- CCTV Systems (or parts or service thereof)
- Card Access door hardware, wire, card readers, cards (prox, Mg stripe or smart cards),
access software, etc.
- Intrusion alarm systems components and replacement parts.
- Any request for electrified door access systems (even if they are for individual doors
and not part of the campus-wide system).
- Requests for biometric ID systems used for security control.
- Interior security systems that track people or property.
- Computer alarm systems such as fiber optic system controlling several computers.
- This procedure takes effect immediately and will affect State and Research Procurement