Presidential Mini-Grants FY 22-23
March 16, 2022
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
To encourage campus-wide efforts that promote, enhance and celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), the Presidential Mini-Grants for Department Diversity Initiative was designed to foster projects that advance innovative approaches to DEI at Stony Brook.
This long-standing program supports selected proposals that promote awareness, skills and knowledge about issues related to race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, socio-economic status, abilities, age, class and/or religion. Preference will be given to proposals that are tied to the goals of the Stony Brook Plan for Equity, Inclusion and Diversity.
- Awards will provide seed funding for ideas that have the potential to catalyze long range transformative change in the SBU campus environment
- Priority will be given to ongoing efforts, as opposed to one-time events
- Proposals should describe in detail a plan for sustainability
- Projects should not be a part of existing DEI plans/effort
- Awardees must provide a summary of the project at completion
Therefore, I invite you to take part in this year’s Presidential Mini-Grants for Department Diversity Initiative by participating in the application process.
Drawing on the total pool of $30,000, the amount granted will be determined by the number of grants selected and approved for funding. Grants generally range from $1,000 - $4,000.
The application deadline is Wednesday, March 23, 2022.
Thank you for taking the time to give this important initiative serious consideration.