New York State Contracts
Contract negotiations with state agencies primarily focus on budget and scope of work issues, payment terms, reporting requirements, requirements for documenting invoices, audit, ownership of research records, termination and penalty clauses for breach of contract.
Important Budget and Award Information
- Budgets are line item and justifications must be specific
- Budget Modification Request must be submitted through myResearch Grants for any budget deviations on approved awards as it requires prior written approval from the sponsor unless otherwise specified in the contract
- Budget Modification Requests must be reviewed and approved by the Office of Sponsored Programs prior to submission to the sponsor
- SPEND - Most multi-year NYS Contracts DO NOT allow carry forward of unexpended funds in a given contract period and remaining funds will revert back to the sponsor
- NYSTEM contracts allow you to request a carry forward of funds from one year to the next
NYS Grants Gateway
Our organization is current registered and pre-qualified in NYS Grants Gateway.
|Major NYS Agencies||Link to Funding Opportunities|
|NYS Department of Health (DOH)||http://www.health.state.ny.us/funding/|
|NYS Empire State Development (NYS DED)||https://esd.ny.gov/doing-business-ny/requests-proposals|
|NYS – Division of Science, Technology and Innovation (NYSTAR)||https://esd.ny.gov/doing-business-ny/innovation-development-support|
|NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS)||http://www.ocfs.state.ny.us/main/bcm/|