General Evacuation Procedures
When evacuating your building or work area:
- Stay calm; do not rush.
- Gather your personal belongings only if it is safe to do so.
- Close your office door and window, but do not lock them.
- Use the nearest safe stairs and proceed to the nearest exit. DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS.
- Proceed to the designated Emergency Assembly Area (EAA)
- Wait for any instructions from emergency responders.
- Do not re-enter the building or work area until you have been instructed to do so by the emergency responders.
- Faculty/Staff are responsible for informing students of proper evacuation routes and a designated assembly area at start of the semester and at time of evacuation.
- Faculty should be the last to leave the class room/laboratory during an evacuation, making sure all students exit properly and to the designated assembly area.
- It is the responsibility of faculty/staff to account for his/her students at the designated meeting area and inform emergency responders of anyone missing.
Assembly Area Example