The mission of the Turner Dissertation Fellowship opportunity is to provide support and encourage highly qualified underrepresented students in the preparation of their dissertation. Turner Dissertation Award Fellows represent the Fellowship Program in various academic disciplines and specializations across the university. This opportunity is available to Stony Brook University Graduate Students from underrepresented or other disadvantaged backgrounds who have not previously been supported by the Turner Fellowship Program.
- The number of awards granted annually will be based on the budgets for the coming year.
- Awards can be either one or two years in length depending on the outline of support being provided
- Recipients must be registered for full-time study by day 15 of each semester to maintain eligibility.
View the current call for nominations here.
- United States citizen or permanent resident
- Doctoral student at Stony Brook
- Advancement to candidacy
- Has not previously received any W. Burghardt Turner Fellowship funding
Current Stony Brook University graduate scholars who wish to be nominated for the Turner Dissertation Fellowship should consult with their Graduate Program Director.