Applying for an Undergraduate TA Position
Undergraduate applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible:
- In Good Academic Standing in the University
- Affiliated with the University through Summer Session II (students can not have graduated before Summer Session II)
- At least 18 years of age by the start of the summer program in July.
- Must pass a standard background check.
- We strongly encourage Educational Opportunity Program participants and Academy of Civic Life alumni to apply.
- We will prioritize applications from students enrolled in GLI 402: Democracy and Justice for All. (Request permission to enroll in GLI 402)
- Applicants willing to commit to both the Undergraduate TA position (which takes place in July) AND the Project Leader position (which takes place the following August–May) will also be given priority consideration.
How to apply
TA applications are due on March 10 by 11:59 p.m. ET.
Here is what you will need to do to apply:
- Read the TA position description.
- Write a personal statement (approximately one page or 300–400 words). Explain why you are a good fit for this position.
- Create a one page resume.
- Find one professional reference. We recommend asking professors, counselors, supervisors, coaches, etc. who can speak to your ability to fill this position. You should not ask family members or friends.
- Obtain copies of your college transcripts (unofficial transcripts are okay).
- Submit your application online.