Campus Recreation & Wellness Center Employment Application
The Wellness Center Monitor position is responsible for swiping ID Cards, renting out lockers, assisting patrons with questions, cleaning machines, maintaining a safe and clean facility and providing a high level of professionalism and customer service. Please direct any questions you may have regarding Wellness Center employment to Justin Maggio, Manager, Student Administration, Department of Campus Recreation at email@example.com
Campus Recreation& Wellness Lifeguard
Lifeguards will work in teams of 2-3; opening and closing the pool and ensuring the health and safety of all patrons.
Lifeguards will respond appropriately to emergencies when needed and enforce the pool rules/policies in the appropriate manner.
Intramural and Club Sports
If you have an interest in sports, or have playing experience working for intramural and club sports is the job for you! We are always avaialble to speak with you about officiating and scorekeeping opportunities. For more information contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitness Professional Employment
Interested in becoming a Personal Trainer or Group Fitness Instructor with Campus
If you are not currently certified but interested in taking the proper steps in becoming certified, maybe the Certification Preparation Course in Personal Training or Group Fitness is right for you. The courses are given each Fall semester, meeting once each week for 2 hours each class (non-credit bearing)- Group Fitness is held in the Spring as well. Undergraduate Students cost $85.00, Graduate Students cost $110. For more information email email@example.com
**Please Note: Applications are accepted at an ongoing basis. Interviews/hiring is completed at an as needed basis or based on the demand.
Fitness Professional Qualifications:
1. Have an outgoing personality with strong communication skills and an eagerness to learn.
2. Acquire or hold a valid CPR/AED certification - Visit the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross web sites for information about certification.
3. Research the following Nationally Recognized and Accredited Organizations:
- American Council on Exercise, ACE
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America, AFAA
- American College of Sports Medicine, ACSM
- International Sports Sciences Association, ISSA
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, NSCA
- National Academy of Sports Medicine, NASM
- National Exercise Trainers Association, NETA
4. Purchase the appropriate study materials and/or preparatory workshops. Leave a
few months for study prior to taking the exam.
5. Find a test location and schedule and take the exam.
For more Information on Personal Liability Insurance (not needed if working with Stony Brook University Campus Recreation) follow this link Fitness & Wellness Insurance, FWI