We will enhance the quality of life for students, faculty, and staff with the opportunity to recreate in a safe, professional, fun and friendly environment. Through inclusive and intentional design, our programs and services foster development in all aspects of wellness and empower participants to positively transform their lives.
To enhance the quality of life for students, faculty, and staff with the opportunity to participate in progressive programs, services and facilities, including intramural sports, fitness and wellness programs, club sports, informal open recreation, and special events. We provide infused outcome based opportunities for student development in all aspects of wellness, leadership, professionalism and academic success.
- To provide programs and services that will enhance knowledge, interests and behaviors in order to promote healthy lifestyles, success, positive human relations, and leadership.
- Through participation in formal or informal recreation, individuals will learn to enhance positive lifestyle behaviors while at SBU and in the future.
- To provide holistic employment opportunities for students to succeed and excel in future endeavors.
- To foster healthy, civic-minded social development through participation, inclusiveness and cooperation.
- To enhance affinity for diversity, respect and pride in our SBU community through our formal and informal opportunities.
Staff Spotlights 2018-2019
2018-2019 Student Life Awards
Tom St. John
Tom St. John has served as an advisor to over 35 Sport Clubs. Tom is involved with the student leaders and offers knowledge and experience to the organizations, and provides assistance and support on an ongoing basis.
Kate Valerio won the Community Partner award for her continued support of students and service in Public Health. Kate is the Peer Health Educator at Stony Brook and an advisor to many clubs an organizations on campus.
Staff Spotlights 2016-2017
Office of Student Affairs Convocation Award Recipients