What We Offer
- Confidential and no-cost one-on-one counseling with our NYS Certified business counselors
- On-site assistance available-at your business location
- Workshops offered on key topics and areas of specific concern for business owners
- Resources at the Research Network that can assist with market information, industry trends, sample business plans, etc.
- Asesoramiento confidencial y sin costo uno a uno con nuestros asesores comerciales certificados de NYS
- Asistencia disponible en el locación de su empresa
- Talleres ofrecidos sobre temas clave y áreas de preocupación específica para dueños de negocios
- Recursos en la Red de Investigaci
ón que pueden ayudar con información de mercado, tendencias de industria, ejemplos
de planes de negocios, etc.
The Hispanic initiative has been generously sponsored by Bank of America. We are proud to partner with them on this economic intitative.
¡DESDE PATCHOGUE Y BRENTWOOD!
ATENCIÓN NEGOCIOS HISPANOS
¡CONSEJERÍA DE NEGOCIOS VIRTUAL UNA VEZ AL MES!
GRATIS Y CONFIDENCIAL!
Si piensa iniciar tu empresa o deseas fortalecer y hacer crecer la que tienes, programa una cita ya! Nuestra Consejera de Negocios Certificada por el Estado de Nueva York Jacqueline R Franco te asistirá.
Investigación de Mercado
REGISTRATE AQUI POR PATCHOGUE
Regístrate en el 631-654-4700 ext 153 o al 631-632-9837o en el email: firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATE AQUI POR BRENTWOOD
Regístrate en el 631-273-7883 ext 132 o al 631-632-9837 o en el email: email@example.com
Find Out More
CEWIT 2021 Conference:
The 17th International Conference on Emerging Technologies
November 3 & 4, 2021
CEWIT2021 features a strong program of speakers who are experts in their field, and who will share their cutting-edge research and ideas with attendees.
Focus areas are:
- Machine Learning
- Artificial intelligence
- Infrastructure & Cybersecurity
- Computerized Medicine
- Former Ambassador Ido Aharoni, NYU
- Bruce Swett, PhD, Northrop Grumman
- Achille Fokoue, IBM Research
- Yizhou Wang, PhD, Peking University
New Things Taxpayers Should Consider as They Get Ready to File Taxes in 2021
When people get ready to file their federal tax return there are new things to consider when it comes to which credits to claim and what deductions to take. These things can affect the size of any refund the taxpayer may receive.
Employee Retention Credit
Tax incentives for keeping employees on the payroll if your business:
- Has 500 or fewer employees;
- Was at least partly closed due to a government order OR the business’s revenue declined by 20% or more for any
- quarter this year; AND
You kept employees on the payroll: You may be eligible for 2021 employee retention
tax credits of up to $28,000 per employee. And the longer you keep your employees
on payroll, the more benefits you are eligible to receive.
Learn more here
Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is preparing to launch the Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP) as part of its continued effort to support Veterans seeking retraining and economic opportunities in response to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. VA in partnership with the Department of Labor published a list of high-demand occupations. The list is available here and includes healthcare, education, media, engineering, and high tech opportunities.
USDA Announces ‘Pandemic Assistance for Producers’ to Distribute Resources
The USDA is establishing new programs and efforts to bring financial assistance to farmers, ranchers, and producers who felt the impact of COVID-19 market disruptions. The new initiative, known as the USDA Pandemic Assistance for Producers, will reach a broader set of producers than in previous COVID-19 aid programs. Learn more here
Directory of Resources for Minority Businesspersons
For more information, click here
SBA Disaster Assistance
SBA Disaster Assistance through the Stony Brook SBDC in Response to the Corona Virus
A Business Advisor will help you through the abundance of resources available for your particular business/industry.
Payment Protection Program Direct Forgiveness Portal
The PPP forgiveness application portal allows borrowers with PPP loans of $150,000 or less to apply for forgiveness directly through the SBA.
Learn more on our Disaster Relief page
- How to apply for a COVID EIDL Loan
- Subscribe to the SBA's e-newsletter
- Follow the SBA on Twitter
- For local assistance: www.sba.gov/local-assistance and www.sba.gov/asistencia-local
- For more information about SBA programs and services visit the SBA website
COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program
The COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program provides grant funding to small and micro businesses and for-profit independent arts and cultural organizations impacted by the pandemic.
Learn more on our Disaster Relief page
PPP & EIDL Borrowers Now Eligible for the New York Forward Loan Fund
The New York Forward Loan Fund (NYFLF) is an economic recovery loan program aimed at supporting New York State small businesses, nonprofits and small residential landlords as they reopen after the COVID-19 outbreak and NYS on PAUSE.
To learn if you are eligible and to apply, click here
- All SBA disaster loans made in calendar year 2020, including COVID-19 EIDL, will have a first payment due date extended from 12-months to 24-months from the date of the note.
- All SBA disaster loans made in calendar year 2021, including COVID-19 EIDL, will have a first payment due date extended from 12-months to 18-months from the date of the note.
For more complete information, click each of the programs below:
- Paycheck Protection Program
- New Economic Injury Disaster Loan
- SBA Debt Relief
- SBA Express Bridge Loans
Pursuit provides businesses with affordable loans and resources so that they can transform and grow. Check out their COVID-19 Resource Center .
30/60/90 Day Plan -
A comprehensive plan for pivoting your business during COVID-19. Authored by Stony
Brook SBDC business advisor Willa Smith
Read All News