Graduate School Dean search
The Office of the Provost has launched a search for the next Dean of the Graduate School/Vice Provost for Graduate and Professional Education.
The provost has appointed a search committee, made up of key stakeholders across the university. This includes representation from faculty, staff, and students from both east and west campuses. The list of search committee members is listed below.
The search for the next leader of graduate education at Stony Brook University will be conducted internally. This decision was reached following review of feedback from a survey sent to the community in November, seeking input on how to approach the search.
The position is now open for applications, through March 9, 2023. Click here to access the posting (requires Net ID to login and view).
Candidates should submit a CV, a list of three references, and a cover letter summarizing
qualifications and motivation for the position including the commitment to the research,
teaching, service, and diversity, equity and inclusion mission of SBU. References
will not be contacted without notice to the candidate.
Names of candidates in the final round of interviews will be made available to the Stony Brook community and all finalists will deliver a public presentation outlining their vision for graduate education at SBU, including their previous experiences/accomplishments in this domain as well as their concrete plans for advancing this vision.
Applications can only be accepted by applying online. Please do not submit any application materials directly to the members of the committee of other contacts.
To nominate, please send the nominees’ name and title to Jenn Rossler at Jennifer.Rossler@stonybrook.edu.
- Shari Miller: Dean, School of Social Work
- Paul Shepson: Dean, School of Marine and Atmospheric Sciences
- Moinak Bhattacharya: PhD Graduate Student, Department of Biomedical Informatics
- Lily Blocker: Associate Professor and Co-Director, MBA Program, College of Business
- Matthew Dawber: Professor and Graduate Program Director, Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Jacqueline Donnelly: Graduate Program Coordinator, Department of Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies
- Kathleen Flint Ehm: Assistant Dean, Graduate and Postdoctoral Initiatives & Director, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- Miguel Garcia-Diaz: Interim Associate Vice President for Research
- Richard Gatteau: Vice President, Division of Student Affairs
- Andreas Koenig: Professor and Chair, Department of Anthropology
- Eric Lamberg: Professor and Associate Dean, School of Health Professions
- Ken Lindblom: Professor, Department of English
- Dawn Medley: Vice Provost, Division of Enrollment Management
- C.R. Ramakrishnan: Professor and Graduate Program Director, Department of Computer Science
- Keith Rotello: MPH/MAPP Graduate Student, Program in Public Health and Department of Political Science
- Amy Saas: Graduate Program Administrator, Graduate Program in Biochemistry and Structural Biology and Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Stephen Walker: Associate Professor and Graduate Program Director, School of Dental Medicine
- Sylvia Wood: Clinical Associate Professor and Program Director, School of Nursing
- Karian Wright: Assistant Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, Graduate School & Director, Center for Inclusive Education