- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
J5-33. Torque On A Bar Magnet
To demonstrate the torque on a bar magnet in a magnetic field.
Mounted horseshoe magnet with suspended bar magnet as photographed.
A small bar magnet is suspended on a rotating pivot between the poles of a horseshoe magnet. If the bar magnet is turned and released it rotates back to its original position due to the torque applied by the magnetic field of the horseshoe magnet.