- A. General Materials & Mathematics
- B. Statics
- C. Kinematics & Dynamics
- D. Rotational Mechanics
- E. Gravitation & Astronomy
- F. Fluid Mechanics
- G. Vibrations & Mechanical Waves
- H. Sound
- I. Thermodynamics
- J. Electrostatics & Magnetostatics
- K. Electromagnetic Principles
- L. Geometrical Optics
- M. Wave Optics
- N. Spectra & Color
- O. Vision
- P. Modern Physics
Atwood Machine With Heavy Pulley
To illustrate the affect of a heavy pulley on the Atwood Machine.
Double Atwood Machine, as photographed.
Two Atwood Machines, both having the same masses, are mounted on a stand. One is an "ideal" device, in that it has a very light pulley, while the other one has a massive pulley with a concomitant large moment of inertia. Motion of the two systems can be compared and discussed.