Congratulations on your admission to SUNY Stony Brook University. We are very excited for you to be a part of our campus community.
This website is designed to provide useful information to newly admitted, incoming, international undergraduate students.
Please use this site to get information on travel, reporting to campus, what to bring or buy, and some other helpful information for international students including Visa / Documentation, Living on Campus, health, advising (including orientation & registration information) as well as financial issues
As information changes in response to COVID-19 please review the following sites for up to date information:
- Coming Back Safe & Strong - Student FAQs
- Visa & Immigration Services - FAQs
- New York State Quarantine Policy
- Dean of Students Issues Guidance Concerning New York State Quarantine Policy
- COVID-19 Travel Advisory - In response to increased rates of COVID-19 transmission in certain states within the United States, and to protect New York’s successful containment of COVID-19, the State has joined with New Jersey and Connecticut in jointly issuing a travel advisory for anyone returning from travel to states that have a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19. Please review and stay up to date on the guidance being shared via this link as it may change.
If you are living on campus, you will be notified of your move in date into your assigned residence hall. Please note, your room will NOT be available to move-in before your assigned move in date. Be sure to make travel arrangements accordingly.
If you plan to arrive in New York before your move in date, you will need to make your own hotel or local accommodations until move in day. More information is available at our On-Campus and Local Accommodations Page.
If you have questions after reviewing the information, please contact email@example.com or call (631) 632-6710.