COMMUNICATING ACROSS GENERATIONS
In today’s workplace, it is likely one will have co-workers of varying ages, from Baby Boomers to Millennials to more recently Generation Z. This presentation will highlight the historical context, values, and preferred methods of communication, while providing you with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to successfully communicate with people of all generations.
MANAGING UP – How to improve your relationship with your boss
Would you like to manage your relationship with your boss? In most cases you can. Reduce unnecessary conflict or miscommunication. Listen, watch and learn about your boss’s work style, expectations, priorities, pressures, plus strengths and weaknesses. We will discuss strategies to adjust your style when appropriate and to use your strengths to complement your boss and together work as a team.
MODES OF COMMUNICATION & WHEN TO USE THEM
Chances are that when you have something to say you may not always think about when and how to most effectively communicate. This workshop will identify the various modes of communication, describe the types of communication and when it is most appropriate to use them. Additionally, you’ll learn about the key elements of empathic communication and be able to practice them.
A FEW REMINDERS WHEN WORKSHOPS ARE POSTED:
- Click on the date of the workshop that you wish to attend.
- Reminders are sent out closer to the workshop date.
If you cannot access the registration form,
try another browser or contact the Ombuds Office.
LIST OF WORKSHOPS:
Upon request workshops will be customized for your department, class or work group.
Change & Transition
Change & Transition - Navigating New Waters
- Communicating Across Generations
- Communication Tool Kit - I Hear You
- Enhancing Communication
- Modes of Communication & When to Use Them
- What's Your Communication Style?
- Having Respectful & Effective Conversations
- Managing Difficult Conversations - A Training for Supervisors
- High Conflict Behavior - What Is It & What Can You Do About It
- Negotiating Conflict (Conflict Management Style)
- Understanding Conflict
- Tools for Resolving Conflict
- Test Your Knowledge About Conflict - Take the Conflict Awareness Quiz
Creating a Positive Environment
- How Resilient Are You?
- Working Effectively Together
Ombuds Office Orientations about the office's role & services for:
- Faculty & Staff