How Ombuds Services Add Value to Stony Brook University
• Serves as a safe, confidential and neutral place to hear concerns.
• Facilitates informal communication and conflict resolution.
• Acts as a central information and referral source.
• Promotes a civil, inclusive and respectful climate where there is fair and equitable treatment.
• Functions independently in structure, function and appearance.
• Provides systemic feedback about trends to administration and offer recommendations for resolution.
View VIDEO titled " Who Are Ombuds?" - 2:15 minutes.