Stony Brook offers master's degree for initial certification as well as graduate certificates and course sequences to extend a certification.
Please note: Prospective teachers will either apply to the School of Professional Development (SPD) or the Graduate School, depending on their program. Select the appropriate program link below for details and an application link.
- Master of Arts in Teaching, English
Master of Arts in Teaching, Foreign Languages
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Mathematics
Master of Arts in Teaching, Science
- Earth Science
- Master of Arts in Teaching, Social Studies
- Master of Arts, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology
Advanced Graduate Certificate
Graduate Course Sequences
The following course sequences may be taken by SBU teacher education students or they may be taken by current teachers using the non-matriculated student student status.