Our brilliant faculty are the lifeblood of our University. As teachers, researchers
and mentors, they bring their unique perspective and collaborative spirit to the classroom,
the lab and the campus community. The quality of our faculty also bolsters the institution’s
reputation, attracting the very best students and research dollars to campus.
The most important tool we have for recruiting and retaining top talent is to offer endowed professorships and chairs, considered one of the highest career distinctions bestowed upon university faculty. Aside from the recognition and reward for the advances they’ve made in their respective fields, an endowed position provides these leading minds with the salary, benefits and vital research expenses to support their life’s work.
Creating an Endowed Faculty Position
news and Features: Investing in the world's brighTest minds
- Ken Dill to Receive National Award for Protein Folding Research
- Endowed Professorship Boosts SBU’s Conservation Leadership
- First Endowed Chair in American History at Stony Brook University Officially Conferred
- Dr. Latha Chandran Elected President of Academic Pediatric Association
- New Endowed Position Strengthens Stony Brook's Jazz Chops
- Stony Brook Researchers Target K17 Protein in Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer
ENDOWED POSITIONS PENDING APPOINTMENT