Get a jump on college credits
Stony Brook University offers an exciting variety of opportunities for high school students, ranging from genuine hands-on research to credit bearing academic classes that can jump start your college career.
- Stony Brook is one of the most affordable, top-ranked universities in the nation
- Enhance your time management and study skills to be better prepared for college
- Experience what it’s like to attend a major university
If you are a high school student who will complete your junior year in June and your grade point average is 85 or higher, you may enroll in selected introductory (100-level) summer courses as a visiting Summer Sessions student.
- American Government (Online)
- Biological Anthropology (Online)
- Business (Online)
- Cinema Studies (Online)
- Computer Science (Online)
- Creating a Web Presence (Online)
- Dinosaur Paleontology
- Everyday Science (Online)
- Japanese I (Online)
- Language and Technology
- Literature, Science & Technology (Online)
- Rock Music (Online)
- Oceanography (Online & Southampton)
- Philosophy (Online)
- Play Analysis
- Poetry (Online)
- Psychology (Online)
- Public Speaking
- Sign Language II
- Statistics (Online)
- World Politics (Online)
High School Summer Programs
- Simons Summer Research Fellowship
- Biotechnology Summer Camp
- Computer Science and Informatics Summer Research Experience Program
- Design and Build Summer Camp
- Engineering Summer Camp
- Explorations in Forensics Camp
- IACS COMPUTES!
- International Enrichment Program
- Robert W. Greene Summer Institute for High School Journalists
- Mathematics Summer Program
- Middle School Math Camp
- Physics Summer Camp
- Science And Research Awareness Series (SARAS)
- Middle School Science Exploration Camp
- Oceanography at Stony Brook Southampton
- Summer Music Camps
- Women in Science & Engineering (WISE)
Steps to Enroll
- Make your course selection and credits.
- Complete our high school student Online Application.
- Allow (3-5) business days for processing. You will be sent a Stony Brook ID Number and registration instructions.
- If you are under 18 years of age, submit the Financial Responsibility and Parental Consent Form to Stony Brook's Office of Student Accounts by mail, fax, e-mail. This form must be submitted before the first day of classes.
- When you have completed your course work, you can order an official transcript.