COVID-19 Pool Testing
Updated Nov. 19, 2020
Convenient, free COVID-19 saliva tests will take place on the Southampton campus in
Student Center events room on Tuesdays from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
Testing at Southampton is open to employees and faculty, as well as resident and commuter
Registering for Your COVID-19 Saliva Test
For your required saliva test, please register at least two hours before you go for your test.
- To register, click HERE.
- If this is your first time using the registration site, choose “Register.” Enter your SBU email ( firstname.lastname@example.org) and create a new password that meets the minimum criteria. DO NOT use your SBU password.
To complete the online registration form:
- ONLY enter your name, email address, phone number, SBU ID# and date of birth on the registration form even though it asks for or “requires” additional information.
- Do not enter health insurance information. It is not needed.
- Do not enter SSN.
- If the form prevents you from proceeding without completing a field enter 0 (zeros) for digits and NA for words.
- Please note that your test kit will be given to you at the testing site.
Please remember to complete your daily self-screening via the #CampusClear app. You will be required to show a "cleared" screen when you take your test.
Test Scheduler Tool
We have opened reservations for pooled testing, no longer requiring you to first receive an email invitation designating a specific testing day and time.
The Saliva Pooled Test COVID-19 Scheduler Tool enables employees to:
- View and reserve a convenient appointment time and select the most convenient of three locations.
- Identify appointment times when the testing schedule may be less busy.
- Receive a reminder email indicating appointment time and location.
- Simply choose a new date/time if there’s a need to reschedule.
How to Access the COVID-19 Scheduler Tool
Effective immediately, all West Campus, HSC, Renaissance SOM (non-clinicians) and Stony Brook Southampton Campus State and RF employees are able to use their NetID/NetID Password to access the COVID-19 Scheduler Tool and reserve a testing location, date and time.
Employees should schedule tests frequently, with every other week being our current best practice.
If you have any questions about your COVID-19 saliva test or the testing process, please refer to these FAQs for more information or contact the Health Information Line (HIL) at (631) 632-5000, Option #1. Be sure to also visit this page for current updates.