About SUNY SOAR
SUNY SOAR : Summer Opportunity for Academic Research is for qualified, academically talented, and motivated undergraduates seeking a summer research experience at Stony Brook University. SOAR students engage in intensive research experiences with leading researchers in the field.
Participants will work with a faculty mentor and become fully integrated into active research groups using state-of-the-art facilities. Participants will have the opportunity to work closely with their faculty mentor, attend seminars on Research Methods and Graduate School Preparation, participate in workshops and present their research results at the Summer Symposium and Closing Ceremony at the completion of the program.
Dates for the 2023 session: May 28 - August 2, 2024
- Full-time research supervised by a faculty mentor (Stipend: $5,000)
- On-campus housing and a meal plan stipend
- Research Methods and Graduate School Preparation Seminars
- “Mid Week Seminars” - every week, students attend a topic-based professional development or academic workshop
- Poster Presentation at the Summer Research Symposium and Closing Ceremony