AGEP-T FRAME Funding Opportunities
The AGEP-T FRAME Program is committed to supporting our scholars by providing funding opportunities for activities related to research excellence and professional development. A call for applications will be issued bi-annually and priority deadlines established. Funding applications received after the deadline will be reviewed and considered on a continual basis, based on the funds availability.
FRAME Research Grant funding is a competitive program used to cover research-related expenses. The granting of funds is based on both academic rigor and the involved research. Current scholars can apply for a maximum of $3,000. The following categories of awards are being offered.
- Research Grants: Funding for research being tied to a specific, detailed project that is anticipated to serve as part of your dissertation/thesis/final research project.
- Technical Skill Development: Funding for activities related to developing new research skills.
- Research Network & Collaboration: Funding for activities related to developing collaborations by spending time at another institution throughout the United States or around the world, under research advisor direction.
- Other Funding: We are open to considering other ideas related to research excellence. A detailed explanation is required.
- Completed online application
- Two letters of support (one letter must be from your advisor)
- Detailed description and outline of your research
- Curriculum Vitae listing previous publications, abstracts, presentations, honors and awards
- Purpose statement detailing the following:
- What new skill or research collaboration will you achieve and how it will benefit you, your research advisor and the project
- Your career goals and how AGEP-T FRAME fits into your advancement
- Your past service record and your commitment to diversity
In order to build the community of AGEP-T Scholars, award recipients may be required to serve as a presenter in one of our future Research Cafés or related events at the Center for Inclusive Education.
Application Guidelines - Follow this link for complete application guidelines and instructions
Online Application - Follow this link to the online research grant application
The FRAME Conference Travel Program provides limited financial support for scholars to attend and/or present research at national or international conferences. Current scholars can apply for a maximum of $1,200 annually which may be divided to cover expenses for up to two conferences.
All applications should be submitted online. Complete instructions and link to the online application are provided below. In addition to the application, the following items must be submitted via email to the CIE_graduateschool@stonybrook.edu.
- Copy of your invitation to present work at the conference
- If you are not presenting, a 1-3 paragraph addendum explaining the importance of your attendance at this conference
- One-paragraph summary/abstract of your proposed presentation
- Email or letter of support from your advisor
- Updated CV
Karian Wright, Program Manager
AGEP-T (Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate – Transformation) is funded by the National Science Foundation.