Skip Navigation

Receiving the Intern Engineering Certificate (EIT)

  1. Once you complete the FE exam and graduate from an ABET accredited bachelor of engineering program, you may apply for your Intern Engineering Certificate. 
  2. All students must submit Form 1IE (see Section B.1 under Taking the FE Exam) to New York State.
  3. Complete  Form 2 (only page 1)  and email to
  4. The CEAS and Registrar Offices will complete Form 2 and mail it to New York State. 
    • Students who complete a non-ABET accredited program, or are completing their master’s degree should follow the procedure detailed in section B.2 through B.4  under  Taking the FE Exam.