The College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (CEAS) offers many areas of study for students. CEAS has 11 different majors and over 40 different minors and specializations that span over 9 different departments, each with their own Undergraduate Program Director. Many majors also offer options for accelerated programs in which students can earn their Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in only 5 years. Several special programs for exceptional students exist within CEAS as well: the Women in Science and Engineering, the Engineering Scholars for Medicine, the Engineering Scholars for Dental Medicine, and the Computer Science Honors Program.
The College of Engineering & Applied Sciences (CEAS) Undergraduate Student Office assists students majoring in, and those interested in pursuing CEAS programs. The Undergraduate Student Office staff are actively involved in the recruitment of prospective freshman and transfer students, oversee numerous College-wide events, advise CEAS-related student organizations, administer the unique CEAS-specific scholarship and tutoring programs, and work closely with the Career Center and industry to assist students with finding internship and job opportunities.
The CEAS Undergraduate Student Office offers the following advising services:
- Information about the Diversified Education Curriculum (D.E.C.) and Stony Brook Curriculum (SBC) requirements specific to CEAS
- Major/Minor information for all CEAS programs and how to apply and get accepted into these programs
- Information about academic standing
- Petitioning for academic exceptions
- Registration and Scheduling assistance
- Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Information about academic dishonesty
- Assistance with finding internship and job opportunities, including resume review in conjunction with the Stony Brook University Career Center
- Scholarships specifically for CEAS students
- Peer Mentoring Program
- Free tutoring services for select introductory courses required for CEAS programs
We encourage you to use the information on this site as a tool, and welcome you to contact our office, or stop by for more information. The CEAS staff are available to answer your questions by appointment, or on a walk-in basis.