Broad Based Fees
In accordance with State University of New York Policy 7804, Stony Brook University charges certain fees in addition to the tuition fee for students enrolled at the University. These broad-based fees are generally charged to all enrolled students to finance discrete activities that benefit the student body, excluding those activities that are part of the core instructional program. Broad-based fees include the Intercollegiate Athletics Fee, Campus Recreation Facilities Fee, Student Health Services Fee, Technology Fee, and the Transportation Fee. Information regarding the SUNY mandated College Fee is also provided on this page.
Additional information regarding these fees is provided below. Students with further questions regarding these fees should contact the associated service area.
Tuition and Fees are subject to change without prior notice by official action of the SUNY Board of Trustees.
FY18/19 Proposal Letters
Questions and comments regarding the Broad-based Fees may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback is not only welcome, but encouraged. You can use the Broad-based Fee Feedback Form to send us your comments. We read all feedback carefully, but please note that we may be unable to respond to each comment or question individually.
Stony Brook Broad-based Fees include:
- Academic Excellence Fee: The Academic Excellence Fee is mandatory for all SUNY students attending a University Center. The State University of New York instituted the Academic Excellence and Success Fee to provide the financial resources necessary for building and enhancing academic and student success. The fee is charged to all undergraduate and graduate students.
- College Fee: The College Fee is mandatory for all SUNY students. This fee is charged to all enrolled students by authority of the Board of Trustees.
- Athletic Fee (Undergraduate Students Only)
- Campus Recreation Facilities Fee (Undergraduate Students Only)
- Health and Counseling Fee (Formally Student Health Services Fee)
- Technology Fee
- Transportation Fee
Policies and Process
- SUNY Policy No. 7804, Fees, Rentals, and Other Charges, effective September 20, 2011