Stony Brook Experts
The Stony Brook Experts guide provides news media representatives with a resource to identify and connect with Stony Brook University professionals who can provide expertise, analysis and commentary on a wide variety of news and research topics.
For immediate assistance, contact the Stony Brook Newsroom at 631.632.6310
Featured ExpertsView all
- Sharon NachmanView Profile
- Gordon T. TaylorView ProfileProfessor and Head of SoMAS’ Marine Sciences DivisionSchool of Marine and Atmospheric SciencesExpertisecoastal ecosystems; marine molecular microbiology; climate change; ocean deoxygenation; hypoxia; microplastics; single-cell analysis; advanced bioimaging; Raman microspectroscopy; atomic force microscopy
- Christopher GoblerView Profile
- Manoj MahajanView ProfileSenior Research Scientist (CEWIT) / Associate Professor (COB)Economic Development (CEWIT) / College of BusinessExpertisedefense research; military technology and equipment; satellite imagery; international affairs; technology assessment; computer vision; intelligence analysis; policy; venture capital; forecast modeling; aerospace
- Smita Majumdar DasView ProfileDirectorThe Center for Prevention and Outreach SchoolExpertisebehavioral health; suicide prevention; mental health disparity; sexual and interpersonal violence prevention; alcohol and other drugs prevention; early intervention; bystander training; public health; grant writing; health promotion; peer education
- Carrie McDonoughView Profile
- Nick NikiforakisView Profile
- Patricia WrightView Profile
- Kristie Golden-CampoView Profile
- Adam GonzalezView Profile
- David TaylorView Profile
The Office of Media Relations promotes institutional achievements, student stories, faculty research, programs, economic development and campus events, sharing the University’s story with local, regional, national, and international news media using a variety of media platforms.
To arrange an interview with a Stony Brook professional, contact the Stony Brook Newsroom.
Call the Stony Brook Newsroom directly at 631.632.6310