- Marie Curie Senior Researcher, 2013-17, Joint NSF-European Commission Project
- Jefferson Science Fellow, 2011-12, Department of State, Washington, DC
- Outstanding Mentor Award. Energy Secretary, Office of Science, United States
Department of Energy. 2009 and 2007.
- Associate Editor- Bioenergy, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy (JRSE),
American Institute of Physics. 2009- Present
- 2008: Member, Editorial Board, The Open Petroleum Journal, BENTHAM Science Publishers,
- 2007: Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology.
- 2007 Outstanding Mentor Award, Office of Science, United States Department of
- 2007 University Visiting Professor Fellowship, Universitá di Roma “La Sapienza”,
- 2006 Member, Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (RANS)-US Section.
- 2006 Recipient of the “Crown and Eagle Medal of Honor”, awarded by RANS for “Petroleum
- 2006 Recognition of SBU “Artists, Authors, and Editors” by the University President.
- 2006 Featured in
Brookhaven Bulletin (09/22/06 issue) for a lead article on “Overcoming the
Challenges of Developing A Hydrogen Economy”.
- 2006 Recognition by the BNL-EENS Directorate for the “New Program Development”,
External Award” and “Symposium Organization” in Energy
- 2005 Promising Inventor’s Award, State University of New York
- Ph.D. in Applied Chemistry, 1979, University of British Columbia, Canada.
- M.Sc. (Hons.) in Applied Chemistry, 1976, University of British Columbia, Canada.
- B.Sc. (Honors) in Chemistry, 1972, Panjab University, India.
- Professor (with Tenure), Materials Science & Engineering Department, Stony Brook University,
- Research Professor, Materials Science & Engineering Dept., Stony Brook U., 2002-2007.
- Scientist, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1988-
- Associate Scientist, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1985-1988.
- Assistant Scientist, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1983-1985.
- Adjunct Professor,Dept. of Chemical Engineering University of Akron, Ohio, 1991-1993.
- Adjunct Faculty,The City University of New York, New York, 1983-1989.
- Project Consultant, Master's Program, MIT Chemical Engineering Practice School- BNL