Fire Alarm Bells warn of fire on your floor. When you hear a fire alarm bell, all occupants must evacuate
down at least two (2) floors by way of the nearest stairwell to an area where bells
are not ringing. Occupants on Levels 1-5 should exit to the outside by way the closest
exit. Fire Alarm Chimes alert you that a fire alarm condition exists on another floor. You should be prepared
for the possibility of evacuation.
- Stay calm; do not rush.
- Gather your personal belongings only if it is safe to do so.
- Close your office door and window, but do not lock them.
- Use the nearest safe stairs and proceed to the nearest exit. DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS.
- Wait for any instructions from emergency responders.
- Do not re-enter the building or work area until you have been instructed to do so by the emergency responders.
- Faculty/Staff are responsible for informing students of proper evacuation routes and a designated assembly area at start of the semester and at time of evacuation.
- Faculty should be the last to leave the class room/laboratory during an evacuation, making sure all students exit properly and to the designated assembly area.
- It is the responsibility of faculty/staff to account for his/her students at the designated meeting area and inform emergency responders of anyone missing.
HEALTH SCIENCES CENTER