To qualify for student teaching, teacher candidates must:
- Have completed all courses required for the major and the teacher education program.
- Meet the minimum grade point average requirement established by the specific teacher education program.
- Additional requirements for student teaching may apply in each teacher education program.
- At the discretion of the program director, teacher candidates who have not met the above requirements may be allowed to student teach if they agree to take specific steps to remedy deficiencies.
- It is also recommended that students take and pass the Educating All Students (EAS), and relevant Content Specialty (CST) tests prior to beginning their student teaching assignment(s).
Review the Student Teaching Application Procedures.
|Previous Section||Next Section|