David J. Gray serves as the Interim Vice President for Budget and Financial Planning/CFO.
The Senior Vice President for Administration & Finance position is currently vacant.
A national search is presently underway. More information may be found at SVP for Finance and Administration Search | Senior Vice President for Finance and
Administration Search (stonybrook.edu).
This office is responsible for overseeing the planning and management of the following
• Facilities & Services
• Financial Planning & Analysis
• Enterprise Risk Management
• Human Resources
• Labor Relations
• University Police
Our leadership team includes:
• Lyle Gomes serves as the Vice President for Finance
• Heather Montague serves as the Senior Associate Vice President for Budget & Financial Planning
• The Vice President for Facilities & Services position is currently vacant
• Lynn Johnson serves as the Vice President for Human Resource Services and Employee
and Labor Relations
• Lawrence Zacarese serves as the Vice President for Enterprise Risk Management
Budget Management Message - 2022
Click here to read the Budget Management Message
Hiring Restriction Update
Click here to read the Hiring Restriction Message
Click here for the 2021-2022 Hiring Process Flow
Click here for the 2021-2022 PCR Form
Expenditure Restriction Update
Click here for the Expenditure Restriction Guidelines
Click here for the Expenditure Restriction Process Flow
Click here for the 2021-2022 Expenditure Restriction Form
Be an effective and efficient organization.
• Use well documented and repeatable processes
• Rationalize our organizational structure and staffing
Become a valued expert resource.
• Establish a trusted relationship with our customers
• Create clear expectations for customer service and meet them every time
• Delight our customers with creative solutions to unique problems
Be a great place to work.
• Support the professional development of all staff
• Connect our staff to the exciting opportunities unique to working at Stony Brook
Establish metrics to monitor our performance.