EARLY ACTION DEADLINE:
REGULAR DECISION DEADLINE:
Ready to take the first step toward your future at SBU?
- Receive priority consideration for Honors Programs
- Receive priority consideration for select academic programs (Engineering and Creative
- Receive a decision by the end of January
For fall 2024, our Early Action application deadline is October 15, 2023.
- High school transcript(s), supplemental documents and test scores (optional) must be received by November 1.
- If you are sitting for the October 7 SAT or the October 28 ACT and would like your
scores to be considered, please request your scores to be sent as part of the test
registration process. You will not be able to view your scores before determining
if you would like them sent and must indicate on your application if you would like
your test scores to be considered as part of your application. We can only offer this
flexibility if you are testing on one of the two later test dates referenced.
- If you apply by October 15, you will receive an admissions decision by the end of
- Early Action is not binding. If admitted, enrollment is not binding.
- If you are admitted, you will have until May 1 to finalize your decision.
Start preparing your application! Here are the steps you should follow:
- Apply online.
We accept the Common Application and the SUNY Application.
- Submit required application materials.
These include your high school transcript, one teacher or counselor recommendation,
and an essay.
Some competitive programs, like our specialized Honors Programs, Scholars for Medicine,
Scholars for Dental Medicine, Simons STEM Scholars and more, require additional materials. This is so we can learn even more about your interests and what motivates you. Review
all required and additional materials on the application page.