In The Spotlight
Promise of a Greater Community
The Program in Writing and Rhetoric’s RhetComp is open to all Stony Brook students interested in writing any genre. RhetComp promotes student expression by developing a sense of camaraderie among both Writing minors and students who enjoy writing, providing an open and positive environment for peer review and critique, and serving as a platform for Stony Brook University students to promote their own writing. In addition, RhetComp will teach its members how to improve their writing and editing effectively with a variety of different contests, workshops, and exercises. Our goal is to empower student writers at Stony Brook, and to introduce their work to the larger academic community.
News & Announcements
- 5th Annual Personal Essay Student Reading hosted by Dr. Rita Nezami and our liaison librarian Christine Fena on November 17, 2021, 1:00-2:15 PM Register at bit.ly/Student-Reading-Series
- Dr. Peg Spitzer contributed to Asian Woman Leadership: A Cross-National and Cross-Sector Comparison, edited by Drs. Chin-Chung Hao and Louisa Ha, winner of 2 book awards at the 2021 National Communication Association conference
- Dr. Peg Spitzer joins feminists from across the world are gathering at #COP26 to demand systems change, October 27, 2021
- Conversation with Tahar Ben Jelloun, Nobel Prize nominee, Grand Officer, Prix Goncourt winner and Program in Writing and Rhetoric's Dr. Rita Nezami, translator of Jelloun's The Pleasure Marriage and other works. Moderated by Patrice Nganang, Africana Studies. October 13, 2021.
- Dr. Roger Thompson joins College of Arts and Sciences staff as Associate Dean for Operations and Facilities in Fall 2021
Davis Prize winner Meghan Buckley and Dr. Roger Thompson co-edited a special issue (issue 2) of Journal of Veterans Studies: Women and Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Meghan Buckley , English graduate student and graduate of the Graduate Certificate in Writing and Rhetoric program, has been awarded the 2021 Davis Prize for Best Dissertation ( Dr. Roger Thompson, advisor)
- Two PWR Faculty, SBU Chancellor Award Winners 2021, honored by Stony Brook University News
- ALL NEWS