Kathleen M. Byington serves as Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration.
This office is responsible for overseeing the planning and management of the following
• Finance & Administration
• Facilities & Services
• Human Resources and Labor Relations
Lyle Gomes serves as the Vice President for Finance and Chief Budget Officer.
Dean Tufts serves as the Vice President for Facilities & Services.
Lynn Johnson serves as the Vice President for Human Resource Services and Employee
and Labor Relations.
Peter Santella serves as the Associate Vice President for Financial Planning & Analysis
Budget Management Message May 2020
Click here to read the Budget Management Message
Hiring Hold & Expenditure Update
Click here to read the Hiring Hold Message
Click here for the 2019-2020 Hiring Process Flow
Click here for the 2019-2020 PCR Form
Please note that this PDF form must be downloaded to your local computer, and you
must use Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill them out. These forms are not
supported by Preview app on Mac OS X Operating systems.
Click here to view Hiring Hold FAQs
Click here for the Expenditure Exemption Guidelines
Click here for the Expenditure Exemption Process Flow
Click here for the 2019-2020 Expenditure Exemption Form
Click here to view Expenditure Exemption FAQs
Stony Brook University Financial Statements 2017–2018
Click here for the 17-18 Financial Statements
To see the Financial Reports,
Be an effective and efficient organization:
• Use well documented and repeatable processes
• Rationalize our organizational structure and staffing
Become a valued expert resource:
• Establish a trusted relationship with our customers
• Create clear expectations for customer service and meet them every time
• Delight our customers with creative solutions to unique problems
Be a great place to work:
• Support the professional development of all staff
• Connect our staff to the exciting opportunities unique to working at Stony Brook
Establish metrics to monitor our performance