Three Main Themed Area Initiatives
1. Career Mobility:
Implement a comprehensive and strategic plan for career mobility through pipeline and mentoring initiatives.
- Executive Mentorship: (Projected Start Date: Jan 2019)
Designed to connect select Student Affairs mid and senior level under-represented
staff to executive level staff within and outside of Student Affairs at Stony Brook
for mentorship and career coaching. This would be a deliberate mentoring opportunity
for high potential professionals.
- New Professional Career Mobility Series: (Projected Start Date: Fall 2018)
A pilot series program designed to help entry level underrepresented Student Affairs staff with professional development and developing career enhancement (in conjunction with Competency Development Workshop Series).
2. Competency Development:
Create professional development and competency building strategies and workshops regarding diversity and inclusion
Professional Competencies Self-Assessment Workshop and Orientation (coming soon in September 2018)
Professional Development Competencies 6 Part Certificate Series (coming this 2018/2019 school year).
3. A Community of Support:
Improve morale and create a more supportive community through inclusive social, cultural, and professional events and initiatives (Activities will take place throughout the 2018/2019 school year).
- Social Activities: Improve morale for underrepresented Student Affairs Personnel through social, cultural, and professional events and initiatives
- Safer Space- Huddles to create physical and virtual spaces to connect with other staff
- On-Boarding/New Staff Orientation
- Peer to Peer Coaching
- Networking opportunities (local, regional, and national)
- Ethnic and professional affinity groups