Making A Deposit
Please be advised: At this time Flywire is unable to process refunds to Russian banks or credit cards and has suspended all credit/debit payments originating in Russia. If you are impacted by this please email email@example.com.
Here to be directed to information on making your deposits.
Please Note When Making A Deposit: For Credit/Debit cards which accept transactions in US Dollars, please select "Credit Card" on the payment screen. No convenience fees are charged for this service
Please Note: Flywire cannot be used for deposits. Please use a credit/debit card
which can accept transactions in US dollars or send payment to the Bursar's Office
Make checks and payments payable to Stony Brook University and mail to:
Stony Brook University
PO Box 619
Stony Brook, NY 11790-0619
Please be advised that when paying your Stony Brook Invoice you should take the following steps to ensure you are not a victim of a payment scam:
6. Contact the Bursar's Office if you are unsure about how to safely make your payment.
The Bursar’s Office has partnered with
Flywire to provide a streamlined way to make international payments that is both simple and
New For 2021
The 2021 Flywire Charitable Foundation Scholarships
- Alipay & UnionPay rates - Remaining for the rest of the year is Flywire's preferential pricing for Alipay (Chinese equivalent to PayPal) and UnionPay (most common credit card). Students will enjoy lower rates and faster settling time for both of these methods.
- Indian Bank Loans - Flywire is able to process funds taken out as loans by Indian students. Flywire asks for the bank's Source of Funds in the payment experience and pre-fills a necessary foreign transaction document (LRS Form) to simplify the process.
- Better rates in Brazil - Through a new partnership, rates for Boleto (the most common method of money transfer in Brazil) and credit cards will be less expensive than they've ever been!
After you view your bill in SOLAR and proceed to make a payment, simply select the "Flywire" option from the drop down menu. If you have questions about how to pay via Flywire click here: www.flywire.com/help. The Flywire website as well as their customer service is available in a number of languages. Flywire Stonybrook
Please Note: International payments that require a refund due to overpayment or student withdrawal will be processed through Flywire at a cost of $35 per transaction. Non-Flywire refunds can be requested through firstname.lastname@example.org and will be issued at the discretion of the Bursar's Office.
* We reserve the right to refuse any tender if in our sole opinion acceptance would be disruptive to business operations.