Joseph Pierce, Undergraduate Studies Director (Fall 22 only)
Humanities Building 1055
Requirements for the Major in Spanish Languages and Literature (SPN):
1. Those students with enough language proficiency to satisfy the intermediate level (Requirement A) will complete a total of 36 credits (for a single Spanish major). Students who need to take 200 level courses will complete a total of 42 credits.
2. View placement exam information here.
3. The Department requires transfer students to take at least 18 credits of Spanish courses in residence at Stony Brook to complete a Spanish major.
4. Students of Spanish-speaking background may take the Challenge examination for SPN 310/311. Please, email our Undergraduate Director.
6. For Major/Minor declaration form click here. (Forms are available in specific time periods only)
[Check our poster here!]
Commencement or invocation ceremony programs and booklets