Economics Undergraduate SCHOLARSHIP
The Robert S. Roth Scholarship in Economics will award up to $2,500 annually to promising students in the field of Economics who are active majors at Stony Brook University. This scholarship is to provide undergraduate students support to continue their education in economics.
- Full-time enrollment as an undergraduate student in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Declared Economics as a major.
- Academic standing status of U2, U3, or U4.
- Academic achievement as evidenced by a high GPA (>3.5 preferred, minimum 3.0).
• A completed on-line application.
• A personal statement (max 600 words) arguing your case. Possible topics include:
♦ How have you demonstrated academic excellence, other than through your GPA?
♦ Have you contributed to the economics major through organizing and/or helping other economics majors?
♦ What challenges have you overcome that make you a good candidate for the scholarship?
♦ What made you decide to declare an economics major, what fascinates you about the study of economics?
♦ How do your current studies relate to your future professional or intellectual development?
• The name of a current faculty member who has agreed to act as your reference.
Winning candidate(s) will be selected by the award committee on the basis of GPA (both University and Major), personal statement, faculty recommendations and demonstrated financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.