PEER TUTOR (Course-Based Tutoring)
Tutors help peers to succeed academically. They conduct tutoring sessions to clarify course content and provide study strategies. They are selected on the basis of academic skill, character, and the ability to communicate well with others.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at Stony Brook University
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.20
- Must have attained a B+ or better in the course at Stony Brook
- Must be in good standing: No judicial or academic dishonesty charges
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills and a desire to assist fellow students
- Must provide a brief recommendation from the course instructor for each course that the student wishes to tutor
Approximate # of Hours: Varies
Fall 2020 Starting Hourly Wage: $13.75 with additional increases available based on earned certification level(s).
Application Deadline: Rolling basis. Applications will remain on file and reviewed as tutoring positions become available. Your application will not be considered until you have a faculty recommendation on file.
How to Apply: See our " Become a Tutor" page for application details
Important Note: Due to the current situation, all positions are contingent upon funding availability for the fall 2020 semester.