Looking for a career? How about employment at one of the nation's 70 leading research institutions according to the Carnegie Foundation? Browse current job openings at Stony Brook University and Stony Brook Hospital. View additional notes and tips regarding JOBS.
|A||Faculty and librarian positions|
|A2||Health science and medical center faculty positions|
|B||Administrative and professional positions (excluding teaching and patient/clinical care)|
|C||Secretarial and clerical (including Administrative Assistant)|
|D||Health Service (including Physician Assistant, Patient Care Specialist)|
|D2||Nursing - Open to all|
|D3||Nursing - Open to current SB Hospital employees|
|E||Research (professional) and technical (including lab support positions)|
|F||Public safety and security|
|G||Construction, maintenance and skilled trades|
|H||Service positions (including laborer, groundskeeper, bus driver, janitor and cleaner)|
|I||Information technology positions|
|J||Summer employment and summer camp positions|
|M||Child care services|
|N||Internal Only - Current Stony Brook University and/or RF Employee Only|
The following notes are intended to help you in the application process. You can find the position type on your browser title bar in individual job postings.
- Classified Positions:
- Applicants interested in State or Research Foundation classified positions should apply within ten days of this announcement. Applicants should complete a State or Research Foundation application form, as appropriate, for each position they are interested in and should note on each the job reference number that appears in the job listing. Applications should be sent directly to the address given in each posting and are available at the University Human Resource Services office and University Hospital Human Resources office during normal business hours. Normal Business hours for both the University Human Resource Services and University Hospital Human Resources are from 08:30AM to 05:00PM, Monday through Friday.
- Research Foundation: Positions are identified in the job listing. There are no examinations for positions funded by the Research Foundation. Candidates must meet the stated minimum qualifications.
- Professional/Administrative and Faculty Positions:
- New York State and Research Foundation: Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume or c.v., and employment application as requested, to the appropriate office by the deadline indicated on the job listing.
- Civil Service Test Announcements:
- The scheduled test dates and filing deadlines for New York State Civil Service tests applicable to Stony Brook University are listed in the Job Opportunities. The complete announcement, as released by Civil Service, is available for review in both University and University Hospital Human Resources offices during normal business hours.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and educator. If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632-6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632-6350.