HR NOW — BUILDING A BETTER TOMORROW, TODAY!
The field of HR and how we think about our workforce and workplace has been changing
for quite some time, and it’s raised the bar for meeting more complex and demanding
workforce needs. Human Resources is involved in all aspects of the employment experience
— from onboarding to offboarding and everything in between. Therefore, like organizations
across the country, Stony Brook University HR is evolving to meet your changing needs
as we rise up to challenges posed by today’s, and tomorrow’s, work environment.
HR NOW is a collaborative campus initiative aimed at enhancing the employee experience, and
positioning the University for future success, through improved HR systems and practices.
Together, each of our faculty and staff members, along with senior leadership, will
help prepare Stony Brook for tomorrow, today, by working to achieve these specific
goals, which include but are not limited to:
- Creating a new approach to how we deliver HR support to meet the campus’ evolving
HR needs across West Campus and the Health Science Schools
- Encompassing new and emerging strategic services and programs in Central HR
- Providing comprehensive, expert HR leadership across the University through efficient
and expedient processes
- Investing in our people to build, prepare and lead the workforce of the future
- Implementing new, robust self-service options to expedite more transactional HR needs
- Providing a voice in how we change and grow to enhance the quality of your work experience.
The HR Communications Team will keep you informed of the progress made and input sought as we work together
to build a better tomorrow, today.
To learn more about the HR NOW initiative, and share your insights, suggestions and questions, visit the FAQ page on our new HR NOW website.
More to come…
Chief Deputy to the President
Sr. VP, Government &
Vice President of Human Resources